Do you know a Canadian girl entering grade 10 in September? This NAV CANADA contest might be for her!
NAV CANADA, the company that owns and operates Canada’s civil air navigation service (ANS), manages 18 million square kilometres of airspace. With 40,000 customers and 12 million aircraft movements a year, they are the world’s second-largest air navigation service provider by traffic volume.
Run by NAV CANADA, Explore Aviation Summer Camp points the spotlight on careers in aviation, where STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education is the key to success for tomorrow’s workforce.
Participants will have unique and exciting opportunities to…
- Practice air traffic control and flight service sessions in real world training simulators
- Fly drones
- Interact with industry-leading guest speakers
- Take day trips to Ottawa and Montreal, including tours of the NAV CANADA air traffic control towers and centres, and city tours
HOW TO APPLY
Participants will be chosen from across Canada by a NAV CANADA committee made up of aviation professionals.
Applications close March 9, 2018. If you have been selected, NAV CANADA will email you during the week of April 8, 2018 to confirm your spot.
Please note, your application must include:
- A completed application form
- An essay explaining why you want to attend Explore Aviation Summer Camp (350 to 500 words)
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or community leader