In recent years, the ICAO Asia Pacific Region has been actively promoting research and development of System Wide Information Management (SWIM) implementation policies and activities. In accordance with the ICAO global provisions, the Third meeting of APAC SWIM Task Force (SWIM TF/3) held from 7-10 May 2019 endorsed the proposed APAC SWIM Implementation Philosophy and Roadmap highlighting a series of tasks and milestones that needs to be achieved before SWIM becomes a reality in the region and achieved outcomes as follows:
- Reviewed and endorsed the SWIM Education Video developed by the APAC Office in cooperation with Member States to promote SWIM Implementation in the APAC Region.
- Developed initial structure of APAC SWIM Implementation Materials which will be the APAC regional implementation guidance on SWIM to be completed before the SWIMTF/4 meeting in 2020.
- Agreed on the SWIM ASEAN Demonstration scheduled for November 2019 in both Singapore and Thailand.
- Through a joint meeting with CRV/OG/6, it was reconfirmed that “CRV will be used to support SWIM Implementation in the APAC Region”.
- The SWIM Repository was created initially to retain guidance and policies for reference and future endorsement including guidance for SWIM Service Identifiers (SSID) and SWIM Service Versioning.
- Interoperable Registry Model and Asia/Pacific FIXM version 4.1 Extension will be used by States/Administration once adopted by the APAC CNS Sub-Group on behalf of APANPIRG.
The SWIM TF/4 meeting is scheduled for 18-21 May 2020 in conjunction with METP WG-MIE/7 meeting tentatively scheduled for 11-15 May 2020 in Thailand, in order to facilitate close cooperation with METP in the area of meteorological information exchange in IWXXM model in the APAC Region.
Watch the System Wide Information Management (SWIM) in the Asia Pacific Region video below.